When the heat and humidity are too much to handle outside, you want to escape to the comfort of your cool house. Unfortunately, this isn’t possible if your air conditioner is malfunctioning. If your AC unit is no longer able to keep your house at a comfortable temperature, you need to bring in professionals to inspect your system and make the needed repairs. Call Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air for services in Fairhope, AL. When you call us, we guarantee to have your “expectations met every time.”
Is it time to replace your aging air conditioner? Call us to schedule AC installations.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
While there are obvious signs that you need to repair your air conditioner - like if it stops producing cold air - there are more subtle symptoms you should also watch for. These can include if your unit is leaking and if you notice hot and cold spots throughout your property.
Other signs to watch for are if your monthly utility bills are rising and your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
Having your air conditioner unexpectedly fail can leave you hot and miserable in your home. One way to avoid this is to have your system professionally serviced at least once a year. Having a routine tune-up performed can provide many benefits, including:
- It keeps your unit running efficiently and economically.
- It costs less to operate.
- It provides maximum climate control throughout your home.
- It enables proper indoor air quality.
- It allows minor issues to be detected and repaired early before they turn into major problems.
Get your heater ready for winter with heater repairs. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
What To Expect During an Air Conditioner Tune-up
Our skilled experts recommend having your air conditioner maintained at least once a year. During these tune-ups you can expect our technicians to perform the following tasks on your unit:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure the right amount is in the system.
- Check for leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that the right amount of air is flowing through it.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.
Ways To Prevent AC Emergencies
When your air conditioner goes out in the heat of summer, it can require emergency repairs to restore comfort to your house. You can avoid these urgent situations by scheduling regular maintenance on your system. You should also watch for signs that your unit is starting to malfunction and schedule professional services as soon as possible. Another easy task to perform to avoid having your unit unexpectedly shut down is to change the filters regularly.