Slab leaks are a homeowner’s worst nightmare. These types of water leaks are difficult to detect and often require extensive construction to repair. At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air, we work with homeowners in Spanish Fort, AL to detect leaks and offer the most effective slab leak repair options.
Learn what others in your community are saying about us by reading our most recent reviews and feedback from customers in Spanish Fort, Mobile, Fairhope, and surrounding areas.
Why Are Slab Leaks Dangerous?
Slab leaks are different from regular water leaks in your home. These leaks occur underneath the concrete slab that supports the foundation of your home. A leak underneath the concrete slab is dangerous because as water rushes away from the area, it also removes packed dirt, sand and other sediment that are designed to provide support to the slab. If enough of this dirt gets washed away, you may experience serious structural problems in your home that require extensive and costly repairs.
Find out how you can save even more on your next service when you download our current coupons and special deals.
How to Tell if it’s a Slab Leak
If you experience any of the following signs or symptoms in your home, you may have a leak underneath your concrete slab:
- Hearing the sound of rushing water in your walls or floor.
- Standing water near your home’s foundation.
- Cold spots on your walls or floor.
- A spike in your water bill.
- Water stains.
- Mold growing on the floor or walls.
How Are Slab Leaks Repaired?
There are a number of ways professionals solve a slab leak. Depending on the age of your piping system, the process changes slightly. Some of the ways we repair slab leaks include:
- Spot Repair - Spot repair opens up the slab and repairs the issue at the source.
- Reroute - Sometimes rerouting or replacing the entire water line is best, particularly with older plumbing.
- Epoxy- When there are multiple small leaks, an epoxy covering over the existing pipe is often the repair method of choice.
Reasons to Work with Us
At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air, we are proud to offer numerous repair options that are specifically designed to meet your unique service and budget needs. Providing effective plumbing solutions is what we are good at. In addition to this, we also offer the following features and benefits to add further value to our work:
- No overtime charges
- Always show up on time
- 24-hour emergency service
- Certified technicians to explain service options