At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air, we take the guesswork out of your air conditioning repairs, replacements, and tune-ups. We are standing by for you 24 hours a day to ensure you’re comfortable no matter the time. We pride ourselves on providing nothing less than exceptional customer service and upfront pricing so that when we’re done, you are always 100% satisfied.
Are you tired of feeling humidity in your home? Contact us for professional assistance!
Our Cooling Services
We offer a full menu of whole-home air conditioning services to make sure you never have to suffer through Alabama heat:
- AC Tune-Up and Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Handler Services
- AC Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Filter Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- UV Air Sanitizers
5 Common Signs Your AC Needs A Repair
Most homeowners will know when it’s time for an AC repair, especially when they begin to feel the effects of a malfunctioning AC such as warmer temperatures, humidity in your home, and a sense of discomfort. It is vital to call a professional for AC inspection at the first sign of trouble to ensure your small repair doesn’t turn into a big, costly one. Here are some signs to look for:
- No Cool Air: If you find that your AC just isn’t keeping you cool, even when you run it at full blast, this is a sure sign your AC is in need of a repair.
- Your Thermostat Isn’t Working: Sometimes, it isn’t your AC unit that is malfunctioning, only the thermostat. If one place in your house is cold, and other places hot, this is a good indication that the trouble is with your thermostat.
- Weakened Air Flow: If you notice a weak flow of air coming from your vent, it could mean several things. One is that your air compressor is failing or that your ducts have a leak or are clogged with debris.
- Weird Sounds:: If you hear grinding, grating or high-pitched noises coming from your AC unit, this may be a sign that you need a replacement unit or part.
- High Utility Bills: Your home’s HVAC system consumes the most electricity of all your home’s appliances. If your AC isn’t working efficiently or effectively, it is likely that your pocket is suffering.
If you’re in need of air handler services in Spanish Fort, contact us today!
How to Decide if You Should Repair or Replace Your AC
Many homeowners may be apprehensive about replacing their AC because they are concerned about whether their air conditioning contractor is giving them the right advice or just trying to get their money. At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air, we pride ourselves on being an honest and affordable air conditioning company and will send an AC contractor out to inspect your home before recommending a repair or replacement.
If you’re worried about the upfront investment involved in replacing, here is an easy way to determine if you should pay for a repair or replace your system altogether. Many HVAC professionals use the 5,000 rule to decide if a repair or replacement should be made. Multiply the age of your HVAC equipment by the repair cost. If that amount exceeds $5,000, it may be more cost efficient in the long run to replace your unit.