Tankless water heaters are gaining popularity with homeowners throughout Spanish Fort, Mobile, Fairhope, and surrounding areas. They are efficient, safe and reliable. At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air we specialize in the installation and repair of these systems. If you have questions about going tankless, we have answers.
Not sure what to expect? Check out our latest reviews and customer feedback to find out what other homeowners in your area think of us.
How do They Work?
Tankless water heaters have the same function as traditionally water heaters. They heat the water used for laundry, dishes, showering, bathing and more. The only difference is how the water is heated. A traditional water heater has a water tank that heats all the water before providing you with hot water at the tap. A tankless water heater connects directly to your plumbing and heats water as it’s requested. When you turn your hot water on, a series of high-efficiency heating elements turn on inside the heater. This warms the water as it passes through. When the hot water is turned off, the heater goes into standby mode, ready for the next time you need it.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits to these systems that include:
- Savings: Without heating an entire tank of water, a tankless unit conserves energy and, therefore, results in a lower energy bill.
- Space: For homes with limited space, a tankless unit is ideal because it removes the need for a bulky water tank.
- Unlimited hot water: If you have ever been last in line for the shower, you’ll know the familiar feeling of running out of hot water. This isn’t the case with tankless systems. Since the heater warms water directly from your plumbing, you get unlimited hot water.
Save on your next call with our exclusive online coupons and other promotional offers.
How Long do they Last?
Another benefit of a tankless system is their longevity. While a typical water heater will last about 10-15 years before it begins to lose efficiency, a tankless unit requires less maintenance and will last about five years longer than traditional units. This means you will spend less money replacing the system and investing in repairs.
In addition to providing top quality service and reliable workmanship, we also include the following features and benefits that are designed to add more value to our work and benefit our customers:
- No overtime charges
- Always show up on time
- 24-hour emergency service
- Certified technicians to explain service options