Many homeowners in Spanish Fort, AL rely on a sewer grinder pump for their wastewater. These units are helpful and efficient when they are working properly. For expert grinder pump repair and installation services, trust the professionals at Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air. We have over 20 years of experience in the industry and can easily provide unique and comprehensive grinder pump solutions.
Curious what your friends and neighbors think of us? Check out our latest customer feedback and reviews to find out what others in Spanish Fort, Mobile, Fairhope, and surrounding areas are saying!
How do They Work?
It’s a common misconception that grinder pumps and sump pumps are the same things. They are actually quite different. A grinder pump collects wastewater from various appliances in your home. Water from your drains, dishwasher, washing machine and bathtub all drain into the grinder tank which is usually buried underground. When the tank reaches a preset level, it will turn on and grind the waste in the water so that it can be returned to the homeowner’s septic tank or public sewer line.
What are the Benefits?
These units work similarly to a garbage disposal, except on a much larger scale. Think of it as a garbage disposal for your entire home. These systems work by taking larger materials that may come through your wastewater and grind them down to make it easier for processing.
Common Grinder Pump Problems
There are three issues that commonly impact these devices. They include:
- Blockages: Large debris can become stuck in the grinder much like large debris gets stuck in a garbage disposal. This creates a blockage that needs to be removed manually.
- Clotting: This is a term that describes the damage done by smaller bits of debris. While the small debris doesn’t create the same type of blockage, it does, however, cause a gradual buildup of silt and other material. That will cause the grinder to work less efficiently.
- Grease Clogging: When oil enters the drain system, deposits can form and clog the grinder pump. Make sure to hire a professional rather than attempting a drain DIY. This can make the problem worse by pushing the clog further down the piping system where it becomes more difficult to treat.
Enjoy additional savings on your next call with our exclusive online sales and coupons.
Why to Choose Us
We are proud to offer many unique features and benefits in addition to our already outstanding service. Check out the following customer benefits that add more value to our work:
- No overtime charges
- Always show up on time
- 24-hour emergency service
- Certified technicians to explain service options