Don’t let a cold chill catch you off guard. Make sure your home’s heating is ready to keep you warm and toasty when the temperature drops. At Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air in Silverhill, AL, we offer 24-hour heating repair so that you’re never left out in the cold. Let us provide you with exceptional heater repair, heating installation, and heating tune-up to make sure you’re warm and snug during a cold snap. Call us today!
We know how important it is to find a reliable heating service company that knows how to do more than just repair a furnace. Here are some of the other services our experts offer:
- Emergency furnace repair
- Furnace installation
- Furnace replacement
- Heating and furnace maintenance
- Emergency heating repair
Our customer’s experience means everything to us! Visit our reviews page to read about what our customers enjoyed about our services.
What Are My Heating Options?
You may be wondering if a furnace is the only way you can keep your home warm during the cold months. Although that is one common way, the truth is that there are a lot of options available to you when considering housewarming appliances and systems. Here are a few:
- Furnace: A furnace is one of the most common heating systems in North America. It works by using fuel to create warm air and then pushes it through vents into your home.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pumps serve both heating and cooling functions and are a great choice for moderate climates. Heat pumps extract heat from outside air then force it into your home like an air conditioner.
- Radiant Heating: Radiant heating involves installing pipes under your floor which are either electrically heated or heated with water to be able to warm your floors. The heat travels up and spreads throughout the house.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: Ductless mini split heaters work similarly to an AC except without needing to use a complex system of ducts to deliver heat. The heat is delivered straight from the system into your home.
Don’t know much about HVAC and water heater services and looking for expert tips and tricks? Visit our blog to read about all things HVAC!
Furnace Repair Vs. Furnace Replacement
We know that choosing between furnace repair and furnace replacement can be a real nail-biter. Replacing your furnace can be costly but waiting around for your furnace to work can be frustrating. Here are some factors to take into account. If your furnace is nearing the end of its life (older than 10 years) it’s not worth it to spend hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars on a repair. Also, if your furnace is having trouble heating your home, you’re probably spending more on energy bills than if you replaced with a new, more energy efficient model. Our technicians will never offer you a replacement if we think you will be fine with a repair. Schedule an at-home inspection with one of our experts to get a second opinion.