Is your old system not doing enough to keep you warm during the colder months? If it’s not working as effectively as it used to and you’re feeling a chill, it may be time for new heating installation. There are many options available to you when deciding what type of heating to install and Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air in Spanish Fort will be there to help you through it.
Is your new heater giving you problems? Call us for heater repair today.
Is it Time for a New Heater?
Making the decision to buy a new heater can be a tough one. It may be difficult to tell if your heater needs to be replaced outright or just needs a repair. There are many factors to consider when thinking about installing a new heater. Here are some factors that can help you decide if you need heater replacement:
- Your home has had multiple owners: If your home has had multiple owners, it is likely your heater has too. This may mean that your heater may be older than you think it is.
- Your home is newer: If your home is newer, there’s a good chance your heater is the same age as your home and thus may not require a replacement.
- High utility costs: If your heating costs are soaring, a new model that is more efficient will certainly help to bring your bills down.
- Your AC is old too: If your heater is the same age as your AC, it may be wise to consider replacing them together
- A new heater can raise your home’s value: If you’re not sure how much longer you’ll be in your home, having a newly installed heater is a great selling point to potential buyers.
Looking for a new and efficient way to cool and heat your home? Call us to find out more about ductless mini-split AC systems.
Types of Heating Systems
There are many options for you to choose from when deciding on a heating replacement and a traditional furnace isn’t the only one! New technologies are making it possible to heat your home using a variety of different methods. Here are a few:
- Furnaces: Furnaces are the traditional heating system and are most commonly found in North American homes. A furnace works by blowing hot air through ducts to your rooms or spaces.
- Boilers: Boilers use hot water and carry it through radiators or other devices in rooms throughout your home. Generally, these run on natural gas or heating fuel.
- Heat Pumps: Heat Pumps are basically two-way air conditioners. In the cold months, they reverse the cooling process by removing heat from an outside source and using electricity to force it through delivery systems into your home.
- Radiant Heating: Radiant heating circulates warm water in tubes under your floor. This warms the floor and in turn, warms the room.
- Mini-Split Systems: Ductless heat pumps distribute energy from refrigerant lines to keep your home warm.
What To Expect When Installing a New Heater
You may be unsure about what to expect when you’re installing a new heater. There are several things you can do in preparation for the install to help things go smoothly. Move any valuables or objects near the installation sites to a safe location and keep a path clear. Most heating systems can be completed within a day but may take longer if you’re also replacing ductwork in your home. When our technicians arrive, they will inspect the job site and prepare to get to work. Our technicians are mess-free so you don’t have to be concerned about them leaving behind a messy job site.