Is your heater up to the task of keeping your house warm all winter? If it’s not, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it. Installing a new unit can help you save on your utility bills, and also give you assurances that your home will be properly heated all winter. Call Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air to schedule heater installation services with our skilled experts. When you call us, we guarantee honesty and integrity behind every job.
Is your heater not quite ready to be replaced? Contact us to schedule heater repair services.
When To Replace Your Heater
Should you keep repairing your existing heater, or install a new system? This can be a difficult question to answer (that really only the experts can help you with). But, there are some signs you should watch for that can signal you should consider replacing your existing unit. These can include:
- Age. If your unit is older and is showing signs of wear and tear, it may be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs several repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than make the fixes.
- Higher utility bills. If your energy bills are suddenly increasing, it can mean your unit is losing efficiency.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This can be a very dangerous situation for you and your family, as this can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a crack, call a heating contractor immediately to inspect the issue.
- Uneven heating. Older units may not be able to warm your home to the desired temperature or they can create uneven heating throughout your house, leaving hot and cold spots.
If you notice these signs, call Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air to have a new unit installed.
Advantages of Installing a New Heater
When you install a new heater, your entire household can benefit. While the biggest advantage may be knowing that you likely do not have to deal with repairs in the near future, there are also other benefits, such as:
- A more energy-efficient model that can reduce your utility bills.
- Maximum climate control to create more even heating throughout your home and warm it to a desirable temperature.
- Increased indoor air quality to help your family breathe healthier air.
Does your furnace need to be replaced? Ask us about our furnace installation services.
Best Times To Replace Your Heater
If you are proactively replacing your heater before it totally fails, it’s ideal to do it during the fall or spring. Why?
- You might be without your heater for a few days. If you replace it during the winter months, then it can create an uncomfortable home.
- You will have less competition for appointments, as there are fewer heating requests this time of year.
- You might be able to get an off-season deal or score an incentive from a manufacturer.