How Will the Kitchen Plumbing Perform This Holiday Season?
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and nothing could be more true during the holidays. The weather outside may be frightful, but inside it’s warm and cozy. The air fills with the laughter of friends and family and the aroma of a home-cooked meal. The central hub of any such gathering is the kitchen, where food and drink are shared with love.
For homeowners anticipating hosting gatherings this holiday season, they should make sure the kitchen plumbing is up to snuff. A simple faucet replacement or sink upgrade can add sparkle to the room. And if they remember to prep the garbage disposal before the big feast, they’ll have one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
5 Signs the Faucet Needs Replacing
Replacing the faucet can instantly add a whole new level of chicness and modernity to the kitchen. Faucets are available in a variety of sizes, styles, and finishes. Some even collaborate with smart home features using voice-activated technology.
But how do homeowners know if it’s time to replace the kitchen faucet? Here are five telltale signs:
- It’s loose: A kitchen faucet should never wobble or come loose from its mount. When a faucet seems to be on the brink of collapse, it should be replaced.
- It leaks: Kitchen faucets usually leak from the tap or the base of the handle. These leaks can often be repaired, but it may be time to replace the whole faucet after frequent repairs.
- It’s corroded: Kitchen faucets are susceptible to mineral deposits from hard water and rust. Not only is this unsightly and difficult to clean, but it can also contribute to foul-tasting water or leave stains.
- It doesn’t have the functions they need: If homeowners struggle to wash unwieldy pans or fill large pots with water, they might consider upgrading to a kitchen faucet with a higher tap. Other features to look for are built-in sprayers and voice-activated or one-touch technology.
- It’s old: Old faucets are more likely to need repair, and they are often out of style, too.
Make a Splash With a Kitchen Sink Upgrade
Families can be critical of our homes, so if a homeowner wants to make an impression this holiday season, they should upgrade to a fancy new sink. These days, kitchen sinks are available in several materials and finishes, including traditional brushed stainless steel, black composite granite, off-white fireclay, and everything in between. Homeowners can opt for a single or double basin, as deep or as shallow as they need. Whatever they choose, the new kitchen sink will be the star of the show.
Prep the Disposal for Thanksgiving Scraps
Thanksgiving leftovers are great; inedible scraps, not so much. What is there to do with those turkey bones and gizzards, potato peels, and cold, lumpy gravy? The garbage disposal may be the answer.
If the garbage disposal is not working properly, homeowners should schedule an appointment with a professional plumber to check the electrical connections and make sure it’s not clogged. They can also make sure the blades are sharp and have enough horsepower to meet demand. After getting the a-okay from a professional, homeowners can keep their garbage disposal in top form by always running it with cold water, using vinegar and baking soda to keep it clean and fresh, and not disposing of foods that can harm the unit.
Get Help From Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air
Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air will be happy to help make sure the kitchen plumbing is ready for the holidays! They have been serving Baldwin and Mobile counties since 1996, and their technicians are experienced with all manners of kitchen plumbing. Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air prides itself on quality workmanship and unbeatable customer service. Call them now for drain cleaning services!