Small Changes Can Make A Big Difference in the Bathroom and Kitchen
The beginning of a new year is a time to think about renewal, not just for oneself but also for one's surroundings. It may be just the right time to make small remodeling choices for the home's sink faucets that can change the whole room's look. This can work for kitchen faucets as well as bathroom faucets. This article will dive into new technology and modern kitchen and bathroom remodeling trends.
All About the Kitchen Sink
Kitchens are a central gathering point in most homes. While they need to be utilitarian, they can also be beautiful in their utility. Many modern options for kitchen plumbing make the whole kitchen a place for food preparation and entertaining guests. Below are a few examples of trending ideas surrounding the kitchen sink:
- Touchless Faucets: These faucets have been around for a long time, particularly in the commercial sector. However, the recent pandemic and better technology have made these motion-activated taps popular again. The ease with which one can clean dirty hands without transferring germs to the sink handles explains the appeal of these faucets.
- Farmhouse Sinks: These deep sinks that come to the edge of the countertop are lovely and perfect for those who love to prepare and eat their meals. They create a down-to-earth feel in the kitchen and are usually ceramic instead of metal sinks that make a kitchen look more industrial.
- Extra Over-Stove Faucets: These are made from the wall over a stovetop or oven stove combination. When someone pulls the faucet away from the wall, it turns on and can easily fill pots with water for steaming or soup making.
Trendy Ideas for Bathroom Updates
If a kitchen is the heart of a home, the bathroom is the guts. It is not necessarily where people want to spend a lot of time, but it is necessary. There are ways to make the bathroom a very pleasant place to be. Simple upgrades like a new shower head or bathroom faucet can easily change the feel of the room. It may be time for a bathtub upgrade, as pedestal tubs and stand-alone showers are rising again. Here are a few easy upgrades, some that can add pizzazz even to a small, boring half bath.
- New tap handles for sink or tub
- Bowl sinks
- New faucet
- Showerheads with a handheld option
- LED shower heads
- Showerhead with a smart speaker
- Water-saving toilets
Always Hire a Professional
No matter what upgrades a homeowner considers, they should always talk to and hire a professional to complete the renovation. Not only do they have the training and expertise to do the job right, but they also have insurance to cover damages if an accident happens. It ends up saving time for the homeowner and possibly money due to the mistakes a DIYer can make.
About Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air
The people of Fairhope, AL have relied on Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air for more than 20 years. They are the ones to call when customers want results. They offer upfront pricing and 24-hour response on plumbing services.