Don’t Let a Broken Dishwasher Cancel Backyard Summer Fun
The grill is out, the pool is filled up, and the family is ready for some summer fun. But just as the party gets going, calamity strikes! The dishwasher starts leaking, stops working, and now a plumber needs calling. Talk about a summer headache and a fun-killer! The good news is, everyone can solve dishwasher problems with the help of a professional plumber and some know-how!
Common Dishwasher Problems
- Clogged Filters: A lot of folks don’t know the dishwasher has a filter. It’s not uncommon to find a dishwasher filter that has never been cleaned when the plumber arrives. A clogged filter leads to slow-running, water-wasting dishwashers and sometimes even causes overflowing!
- Damaged Supply Line: Plenty of homeowners suddenly find their dishwasher is leaking onto the kitchen floor and wonder why? Often, the cause is a damaged water supply line that leaks whenever the dishwasher runs. Chronic leaking can cause floor damage and mold, which is why leaks need addressing right away.
- Leaky Gaskets & Seals: Dishwashers come with many components that are prone to damage, and the gaskets and seals of the unit are some of them. The door gasket and pump seal both work to prevent leaks and keep water inside the dishwasher, but they often need replacing after several years of use.
- Overflowing Sink & Slow Draining Dishwasher: Fun fact, if the sink is clogged, the dishwasher will have problems. If the sink is filling up while the dishwasher is running, there is a drainage problem somewhere in the plumbing system.
Professional Plumbers Solve Dishwasher Problems!
When homeowners notice a dishwasher problem, they immediately wonder, “How do I fix it?” The good news is homeowners don’t need to worry about it! Instead of trying to DIY a complicated appliance, homeowners can reach out to a professional plumber for assistance.
Plumbers do more than install toilets and snake drains. They can identify and resolve most dishwasher problems and help resolve any connected sink or pipe issues simultaneously. Plus, they’ll be able to do it quicker than a DIYer, meaning the whole family can get back to summer fun faster.
Use Maintenance To Prevent Dishwasher Problems
It’s a common misconception that dishwashers clean themselves while they’re cleaning the dishes. That assumption is not the case. Dishwashers require regular maintenance and cleaning like any appliance. Follow these tips to keep the dishwasher from developing issues:
- Clean Filter: Dishwasher filters need cleaning every week, if not more often. Filters are generally located under the bottom dish rack and bottom spray arm.
- Clean Gasket: The gasket that seals the dishwasher’s door from leaks needs cleaning to prevent the buildup of bacteria and mildew.
- Run Vinegar or Dishwasher Cleaner to Reduce Buildup: A cup of vinegar on the deep clean cycle can remove mineral buildup and help the dishwasher run better, longer. Alternatively, homeowners can use dishwasher cleaning solutions for the same purpose.
- Annual Professional Maintenance: Every home needs a plumbing inspection and drain cleaning once a year. Include the dishwasher in the appointment to keep it running smoothly!
Whenever dishwasher troubles strike, call a local plumbing expert for help. They’ll get the dishwasher up and running and stop a broken dishwasher from raining on summer fun!
About Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air
Reach out to Affordable Plumbing, Heating & Air for help in case of any plumbing trouble in Fairhope, AL! Their experts are ready to help anytime, anywhere. Customers never have to worry about hidden costs or surprise fees; they'll always know the price of a project before they start. Give them a call today for plumbing service!